FloraLife® Express Ultra 200
FloraLife® Express Clear Ultra 200 is a unique and innovative storage and transport solution that allows fresh cut flowers to stay fully hydrated and fed without having to re-cut stems. This special formulation allows you to ship, store and sell with only one cut at harvest. The unique formulation promotes immediate uptake for hydration and nutrition and keeps stems clear, inhibiting premature bud opening or bent neck. It allows farms to sell the length they cut, bouquet and wholesalers to sell the length they buy thus seeing a reduction in shipping costs, labor cost and reduced waste. Ultra concentration means the product is optimally concentrated to significantly reduce waste in water, packaging and transport. This product is part of the FloraLife 2025 sustainability plan and is now carbon neutral. For shippers, bouquet makers, supermarkets, retail florists and wholesalers.
Features & Benefits
- Carbon neutral product that is optimally concentrated to significantly reduce waste in water, packaging and transport.
- Eliminates the need to re-cut stem ends before placing in the solution.
- Helps reduce length of harvest cycle time, allowing for more flexibility in buying and harvesting. For example, a stem harvested at 50 cm (20 inches) can be sold and used at 50 cm (20 inches) because you do not lose the 3 (1.2 inch) to 5 cm (2 inches) when it is re-cut.
- Helps reduce stress to the flower (due to less handling needs), resulting in a reduction of likelihood that pathogens be introduced during processing and handling.
- Reduced stem lengths from the farms can lead to freight savings from reduced shipping weights.
- Eliminates steps resulting in reduced labor in processing, handling waste, and equipment maintenance.
- Frees up processing labor time to better service customers, leading to increased sales.
- Provides the best insurance policy that shorter stems that miss the cutting phase will get hydrated properly even if they are not cut, resulting in consistent performance throughout the bunch.
- Provides a balanced formula to lower the pH and increase the speed of flower hydration.
- Optimally concentrated for water, packaging and transport savings.
- Can be used on all flower and foliage types and on flowers stored dry for less than two weeks.
Use Instructions & Dosing
This is a concentrated product which needs to be mixed with water at the following rates: 1 part product to 200 parts of water (1:200) or 5ml/L or 0.5% diluted.
Option 1 – Dispense 5 ml of solution per 1 liter (1 quart) of water in a clean container.
Option 2 – Have your unit set to dose at 0.5% (1:200). Dispense solution onto clean container.
Remove foliage from the flower stem which will be located below the solution level in the flower container.
FloraLife® Express technology allows you to skip the time-consuming and costly task of cutting flower stems, however you will still get just as great results re-cutting if you wish too. If you choose to cut then re-cut flower stems with a clean, sharp cutting tool, cutting 1 inch (3cm) off the bottom of stems.
Place flower stems in a clean bucket of solution and keep them treated during transport or storage until it is time to prepare them for consumer sales. Add additional solution as needed. Change out bucket solution at least once per week and use clean buckets prior to filling with new solution.
After treatment with FloraLife® Express Ultra 200, use Floralife® Flower Food to aid in opening up the flower buds for a beautiful display.
As part of the FloraLife 2025 sustainability plan, we are committed to improving the packaging of our products. Over the coming years, we aim to significantly reduce our plastic footprint. Hence our decision to offer the industry a carbon neutral product with sustainable packaging.
Reducing carbon footprint has never been so important. A major part of the FloraLife 2025 Sustainability Plan is understanding our carbon footprint and doing something about it. We have carbon footprint assessed our global FloraLife® Express 200 range and with this information have been able to make this product carbon neutral with the support of Carbon Footprint Ltd.
Post-Consumer Recycled (PCR) Material Containers
A percentage of this product’s packaging is made from recycled content. This means that this portion of the packaging has had at least 1 life before! See the mark on the front label for how much recycled content is included in this packaging.