- Upon receiving roses, either process immediately or store in a 34º to 38º F / 1º to 3º C cooler with 75 - 85% relative humidity until they can be processed. It is preferable to process flowers immediately upon arrival.
- Prepare a clean, non-metallic container mixed with FloraLife® Flower Food solution (either FloraLife Crystal Clear®, FloraLife® Rose Food Clear 300, or FloraLife® Express Universal 300 solutions). Prepare the flower food solution by following the package’s dosing instructions. Incorrect dosing will result in a reduction in vase life. Buckets should be cleaned with FloraLife® D.C.D.® Cleaner to prevent bacteria growth that could clog the flower stems and prevent proper hydration. To slow the speed of bud opening, process your roses in a cold solution. A warm solution can be used if you wish to open the buds faster.
- Remove floral sleeves, wrapping and any foliage that will be below the solution level. Pour FloraLife® Quick Dip instant hydrating treatment into a small container at least 2 inches high. Cut 1 inch off the bottom of your stems with a clean cutting tool. A knife or a cutter is fine as long as it is CLEAN and SHARP.
- Dip the stems for 1 to 2 seconds in FloraLife® Quick Dip and place immediately in your prepared container filled with flower food solution. FloraLife® Quick Dip improves flower food solution uptake while keeping the stems clear to guarantee optimal hydration.
- To prevent premature opening, place flowers in a cooler immediately after processing. Flowers will fully hydrate in a cooler in 4 to 6 hours, so leaving the flowers out to hydrate should not be done if the goal is to keep buds tight until they are ready for sale.
- When designing in a vase, remember to once again remove any foliage under the flower food solution level. Foliage under the solution line can encourage bacterial growth.
- To ensure optimal care and longevity of your roses, provide FloraLife® Express Universal 300 Flower Food packets to your customers upon purchase. Cut or no cut, these will provide insurance for your customer’s complete satisfaction! Remember that a satisfied customer is a repeat purchaser!
Have questions or need expert advice? Visit FloraLife.com or contact your local representative for an in-person consultation.
*Product availability depends upon geographical region. Check here for more information.