Ranunculus: Calm, Cool, and Collected
LivRio Magazine December 2023, powered by FloraLife
It’s official! Pantone’s color of the year for 2024 is ‘Peach Fuzz’, a warm and cozy shade which creates a calming sanctuary in which we can safely foster feelings of togetherness, stillness, and focus inward.
If your new year’s resolutions are to recalibrate your being, heal, and nurture yourself so you can flourish anew, this is the perfect hue for you, and a peach ranunculus is the perfect flower to help you recenter and refresh.
Just like the Pantone ‘Peach Fuzz’, peach ranunculus is a quietly sophisticated and contemporary bloom, beautifully ethereal, yet impactful and comfortingly grounding. A rarity in this digital world.
So what better way to relax and nurture yourself after the holiday rush than by cocooning yourself in a warm, calm, safe space and ushering in the new year with a comforting arrangement of peach ranunculus. You’ll be renewed from within, ready to tackle to peak ahead.
Ranunculus Care and Handling Tips
Hydration & Storage at Store Level
- Start processing with a clean bucket, sanitized with FloraLife® D.C.D.® Cleaner.
- If received dry packed, conditioning of stem ends is recommended to prevent
blockage and promote uptake. Cut approximately 1” or more off stems. Use clean, sanitized clippers or knife, and treat with FloraLife® Quick Dip.
- Place flowers in a holding treatment such as FloraLife® Express 200. Do not put flowers directly in metal/galvanized buckets. Use clean, high-quality water that has not been treated with a water softener as the salt levels can be damaging to flowers.
- Store in a cooler at 34 – 38° F (1-3° C) with a relative humidity of 75-85%.
- Allow minimum 2 hours to hydrate placing buckets in an area with good airflow.
- Always remember FIFO (first in/first out) when rotating flowers.
- Ranunculus are best hydrated with their protective sleeve intact. Leave stems in their packaging until hydrated.
- Remove any leaves that might be below the vase solution.
- Cut approximately 1” or more off stems. Use clean, sanitized clippers or knife. If received dry, treat with FloraLife® Quick Dip. Remember to not remove the sleeve yet.
- Immediately place flowers in vase solutions containing FloraLife Crystal Clear® or FloraLife® Express 300.
- Leave stems to hydrate for approximately four hours. Once hydrated, remove sleeve(s) and arrange as desired.
- Avoid getting water on blooms! Ranunculus are prone to botrytis when blooms are over saturated.
- Ranunculus are ethylene sensitive; insist that your supplier treats with an ethylene action inhibitor such as EthylBloc™ to protect against exposure. Do not store or display near ripening produce or products that produce ethylene.
- Ranunculus stems tend to be naturally bendy. They rarely grow straight, which adds to their natural aesthetic. But they can be quite delicate as they are hollow. You may find it easier to hold these flowers upside down when handling to prevent breakage.
For more information, click here:
*Product availability depends upon geographical region.
Check https://floralife.com/products/#product_grid for more information.